Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Moved My Blog to Here

I was taking the kids to school yesterday when I received a text.

(Please note: I did not check said text until I was stopped at a red light. Really.)

I noticed that it was sent from my gmail address. My. Gmail. Address.

The body of the text? A link. Along with a request to send a picture of my daughter.

Now, if you were me, what would you be thinking?

That's what I thought, too.

I could not get to my office fast enough to delete my Google account. My gmail. My Google docs. My calendars. And...my blog.

Then I spent the better part of 2 1/2 hours starting up a new Google account. Including a new blog page.

I shared my experience with my wife when we both got home.

She said, "I got the same text, too!"

I was pretty certain I had smelled out the hacker and stopped a certain cyber-stalker. 

That is, until...

My daughter heard me describing this. She said, "I tried to message you to send me a picture that was on that website."

I deleted my account...my gmail...my documents...my calendar...and my blog with all of its posts...to prevent myself from further hacking from some cyber-stalker: my daughter.

Sigh...sometimes, you just gotta laugh.

I hope this helps you do that.

1 comment: